The exterior walls of your home get put through a lot, and chances are they aren’t looking their best because of it. Mould, lichen and moss are common pests for the outside of your home, and sometimes their effects aren’t just concerning aesthetics. Moss and mould growth can present serious problems for the integrity of your home and may even indicate serious repairs that need to be addressed. So, what is the best solution for effectively removing these pests from your walls?
Whether your walls are stone or plaster, you’ll have no doubt acquired some unwanted pests on their exterior. With their rough texture and environment, water retention is often promoted on their surface, which in turn helps the growth of any moss, algae, lichen or mould. As these all affect the structure of your home as well as the appearance, it’s important to keep on top of any maintenance.
Pressure washing is often a popular choice for removing unwanted additions to your walls, but this can actually damage your house even further by wearing down the stone and in some cases stripping off any mortar. Hand washing is another option, but this is a very laborious procedure – as well as being extremely impractical. You may also be tempted to experiment with harsh chemicals based on bleach, caustic or acid solutions to strip away any moss, algae or lichen. This, however, can not only be damaging to the surface of your walls but also any surrounding plants, pets or children. As such, it is suggested that you steer clear of any such chemicals.
This is where Wet & Forget steps in. Offering quick and effective cleaning solutions free of bleach as well as caustic and acidic chemicals, Wet & Forget will get the job done fast. It breaks down the moss, algae and mould over time with the wind and the rain, keeping them at bay for at least a year. Following the first application, any further maintenance will be a much shorter process, meaning you can easily stay on top of outside wall maintenance.
No longer will your exterior walls be plagued by moss, algae and lichen as Wet & Forget actually eliminates them. With the gentle pH of 8, which is as close to neutral as you can get, you also needn’t worry about the long-term effects on any animals, plants or children. Just ensure to keep the are clear whilst the solution is drying, and to wash off any contact simply as a precautionary measure.
Easy to use
Getting rid of moss, mould and lichen with Wet & Forget is a breeze - all you need is your bottle of Wet & Forget, a garden sprayer and tap water:
- Mix one part of Wet & Forget with five parts of water in a garden sprayer.
- Saturate your walls with the solution and leave to dry for four to five hours - during that time, Wet & Forget gets on with the job, leaving you free to do other things.
- And that's it! There's no scrubbing or rinsing as Wet & Forget is non-caustic, non-acidic and bleach-free so you can use it just about anywhere.
If you want to make life even easier for yourself, then try Wet & Forget Rapid. The built-in nozzle and pre-mixed formula makes treating your exterior walls for moss, mould and lichens a piece of cake - as you can spray up to 8m high and cover up to 200m2 in just 10 minutes. You’ll also have the peace of mind of knowing that you've eradicated your moss, mould and lichen problem in the most hassle-free way imaginable.